Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth Sleeving for 10mm T+E?

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Yes it's unlikely. But if impossible, no point in using sleeving at all. I
doubt even dennis needs to know which one is the earth wire with TW&E by
its colour.

Interestingly the Americans don't use CPC sleeving in any video I've
ever seen. And their line terminals are often extremely exposed as a pan
head screw you turn the conductor under. That's one case where I think
it would have a provable benefit.

it's one of those things. If the cables are correctly paged when fixing
the fitting to the box, the earth sleeve is redundant. After all at one
time it wasn't sleeved here either. But given a hank of sleeving is so
cheap, no reason not to use it anyway.

--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.