Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Broken cold inlet pipe from hot water tank bottom ... Is itmendable ? How ?

(Andrew Gabriel) Wrote in message:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield writes:
After serious thinking Andy Burns wrote :
dropbox worked.

that tank doesn't look like it owes anyone anything, if you bodge a repair
it's just going to be waiting to let go ...

I agree! None of those OP suggested fixes will work, the tank will be
under some pressure at that point.

The only fix with even a slim chance of success is to remove that boss
completely and solder in a replacement. That will involve removal of
the tank and undoing the other unions - that itself will involves the
risk of the other bosses failing. As Andy said, it owes you nothing,
get a new tank fitted.

It looks as if it was leaking from behind the boss anyway.

It's an old tank (no insulation),

What makes you say that? I can see insulation. It's not as thick
as the insulation is on modern tanks though.

Tim