Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default More Burnt Wood Finishing-- his time a cabinet.

On 5/10/18 5:42 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:
On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 5:14:59 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
A while back, I posted a pic of the burnt shelves I made for the
Pub my friend owns. They have this really awkward L-shape space
behind the bar that nothing will fit into, so I'm making a custom
open cabinet fit in the space. They like the burnt shelves so much
they want the cabinet and more shelves to match.

Here's how it's going so far...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQktW1PSEvSwyFn37

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004) -- www.mikedrums.com

Cool Effect Mike I have never done this. but I dabbled with
something called Pyrography or pyrogravure which is a fancy name
for wood burning I had to replace a missing panel in a small cabinet
very tedious work I must say much more awkward than a Pencil or
Fountain pen. Nice Work Mike rick B.

I did a pure carnauba wax finish on a bass drum that a friend/colleague
had burned in the way you describe. It was very artistic work. I'll
see if I can find a picture of it.

Here's the burning technique I use for these projects.

https://youtu.be/ENOTocaMwxw

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)