Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Telephone problem - Now Fixed

On 10/05/2018 18:04, Brian Gaff wrote:
This does beg the question, however what would make a randomly placed filter
go down suddenly?

Brian

Those filters have a ring capacitor of around 1uF. A good filter would
have a non-polarised component whilst a cheaper version may have back to
back electrolytic capacitors similar to those which fail in many power
supplies.

Last week I had to replace 4 electrolytic capacitors in my 9 year old
Samsung 42" TV. Two in the power supply had visibly bulged so I replaced
all in the same area. The fault was a reluctance for the TV to switch on.