Michael Lee

Default Bosch dishwashers

We have had a Bosch for the past 8 years. We have not had any problems with
it. So as far as service customer service, I can't answer that question.

Suprisingly enough, one of the biggest problems I have with it, is that it
is so darn quiet. There have been a couple of times, when I open the door to
put in a dirty glass, only to have water and steam spew out at me because it
was running! Really! Maybe a big flashing red light or something...

As far as the food particle basket, in 8 years, we may have had to empty it
once or twice, but on a whole, it stays clean. Now we do a brief rinse of
the plates before we put them in the dishwasher, nothing major, just to
knock off the big chunks.

I would definately get another one if this one ever wears out.
--
Shalom!
Mike -n- Sue Clymer

"Jon Endres, PE" t wrote in
message news

"Gini" wrote in message

"Thomas A Bruno" wrote in message
in article , Skeeter at

wrote on 12/6/03 6:33 PM:

Anyone have any comments on repair historys and support? I am about

take
the plunge and want to get any last minute thoughts on their

reliability
and
how I will be treated if it does break down.
Thanks

While you are at it, I would love to hear from Bosch dishwasher owners
whether the strainer-basket is a nuisance?

I understand that Kitchen-Aid has a traditional food particle grinder

get
rid of chunks but the Bosch has a basket which needs to be cleaned out

from
time to time.

The salesman I was speaking with said that is why the Bosch can be so

quiet,
no food grinder.

Is the basket-strainer cleaning a hassle?

==
Not at all--takes a few seconds a couple times a month. Salesmen seem to

use
this as
"negative" but in fact, it is preferable to a grinder. The grinder is

loud
and eventually
clogs with particles and is hard, if not impossible to clean. I had a
Kenmore with a grinder
and will never have another DW with one. With the Kenmore, there was no

way
to clean
the grinder after it began depositing food particles back on my dishes.
==

--

Thomas A. Bruno, Champaign, Illinois, USA
http://www.tombruno.com

I hate my Kitchenaid dishwasher - it deposits all those particles that the
grinder doesn't dispose of, right back inside all the glassware on the

upper
rack. I will never own another one with a grinder. Next DW will be a
Bosch.

Jon E