Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Broken cold inlet pipe from hot water tank bottom ... Is it mendable ? How ?

George Miles wrote

I have found some old water pipe which just fits inside the broken pipe,
what if I cut off 6 inches off it, smear it with araldite, and hammer it
in?

Real risk of ****ing the tank when you hammer it in IMO.

Or PTFE tape? (its not threaded)

Unlikely to survive it being hammered in.

Or Fernox Jointing compound which I have a small tin of?

Unlikely to survive screwing the pipe back on to stub and
even if you can manage that, the next person who takes
the pipe off may well end up pulling it out again.

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 8:04:41 PM UTC+1, George Miles wrote:
Broken cold inlet pipe from hot water tank bottom ...

Photo at:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6809881&type=3

I did have two spanners when undoing the pipe but i must have done it
wrong...

Is it mendable ? How ?

If the fitting is brass and the tank copper how are they joined?

Got visitors coming on Saturday...

george