Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sofa Slug[_2_] Sofa Slug[_2_] is offline

Default How Do I Find Digital TV Channel Numbers

On 5/8/2018 1:33 PM, root wrote:
Thanks for responding. When I posted my original cry for help I thought the
numbers I was looking for were related to frequency or FCC or something
like that. I have since learned that the numbers have no such meaning,
they are assigned by ontvtonight.com to distinquish directory listings
for the various channels. I was looking for a FREE source of schedule
information for OTA channels and I needed these numbers to fetch the
(daily) schedule for each desired channel. I welcome suggestions for
any online source of schedule information.

For the purpose of cord-cutting it would be desirable to be able to
read schedule information from the OTA signals themselves or from
a dedicated OTA channel. Right now my (homemade) PVR reads the next
day's schedule at 12:01 am.

Tivo has an inexpensive OTA DVR that includes a guide/scheduler but they
charge a monthly fee for it's use. There might be a way to access that
meta data without a DVR like Tivo's, but I think you would have to be
dedicated

I just use titantv.com for program info and set an old school DVR to
record manually.