Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Hearing Aids

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 21:39:31 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 15:05:12 UTC+1, Brian Gaff
wrote:
The NHS ones are pretty basic and you need to change
the
batteries
very
often according to friends of mine. If you want proper
digitally
tailored
ones than the price is almost anything you can think
of.
Like
you i
don't
know why, as the tech is not new.

It doesn't have to be new just refined and perfected
this
takes
time.

and in my view its another thing like
glasses frames disability aids etc,

or phones or laptops they all pretty much do the
same thing.regarding battery usage and quality.

Thats bull**** with time between charging and protection
against malicious apps snooping on your data. And you
can't
even have your iphone record all phone calls automatically
so
you can check what was said if you need to. Or answer
incoming
calls automatically either which is handy when driving.

what's that got to do with hearing aids ?

I commented on your claim about phones and laptops.

Plenty dont realise that they can get glasses MUCH
cheaper from china than from the local optician.

and most of those will damage your eyes

Even sillier than you usually manage
when you use the eye test prescription.

They don't give you the prescription, maybe you have
to insist or ask for it but most don't hand you a prescription
that goes to the assistant in order to make your specs.

I just tell them that I want to keep a record
of how the prescription changes and they
legally can't refuse to give it to me here.

perhaps like some products the expensive ones are
actually better it;s just not everyone appriaciates it ,

Not true with glasses.

So how come the standard reading glasses
you can buy in chain stores aren't used more ?

Because they dont do the job as well as glasses which
are made to the prescription produced in the eye test.

and which do you think is easists to
mass produce and therefor cheaper ?

Its done in a low labor cost country, ****wit.

and where do you get yuor cheap glasses made Harrods ?

China.

I heard that is australia all the glass bottles
collected for recycling go to land fill

Then you need a new source of news.

In revelations set to shake Australians faith in recycling, hundreds
of
thousands of glass is being bagged and stockpiled in warehouses, or
worse,
sitting crushed in mountains, stockpiled or dumped in landfill because
its
cheaper to buy new than recycle.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...dc4add6934f635

Just more murdoch ****.