Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth Sleeving for 10mm T+E?

On 10/05/18 12:37, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
jkn used his keyboard to write :
Well ... I have currently got the incoming and outgoing earths twisted
together
for a length (2--3 inches), and I doubt it will fit that. I was hoping
not to
have to separate them and have them joined in the screw terminal. But
if that
is what people do, fair enough...

Better when carrying out tests, for them not to be twisted together
sharing one sleeve.

At the CU on a ring, definitely (you need to do end-end and figure-8
tests that require accessing all 6 conductors individually.

In devices, I am less convinced it's a problem rather than just a mantra.

Adam may shed some light on this, but the only time I can think you'd
want to separate conductors in a device is for locating a suspected
fault. There's no routine testing I can think of that would need that,
*except* if you needed to isolate a branch because it had a sensitive
device on the end. If the device *is* the sensitive part, you might take
it off and stick a terminal block on the end of the wires.