Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Earth Sleeving for 10mm T+E?

Andrew Wrote in message:
On 10/05/2018 12:05, jkn wrote:
Hi Harry

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 11:53:14 AM UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
jkn laid this down on his screen :
Hi all
as per the subject - I am (re)making the connections to an isolator switch
for an electric shower. The cable is 10mm and due to the construction of the
switch I have to twist incoming and outgoing earths together. I can't seem to
find 10mm Green/Yellow Earth sleeving online, 6mm seems the largest. Am I
forced to use tape (ugh), or is there a source for the sleeving, or a
different approach, that I need appraising of?

6mm sleeving should fit the earth conductor of 10mm T&E.

Well ... I have currently got the incoming and outgoing earths twisted together
for a length (2--3 inches), and I doubt it will fit that. I was hoping not to
have to separate them and have them joined in the screw terminal. But if that
is what people do, fair enough...

Cheers
J^n

You also need RCD protection.