Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Telephone problem

On 10/05/2018 12:54, Robert wrote:
On 10/05/2018 11:59, Adrian wrote:
BT line with phone and broadband.

Broadband is working OK and that has its own socket on the master socket.

I can only get the phone working if I plug directly into the socket
behind the face plate on the master socket.Â* If I plug into the socket
on the faceplate, I don't get anything at all.Â*Â* BT have suggested
that the micro filter on the faceplate has failed, but I've replaced
that with a new one, and that doesn't work either.

Do you mean you have replaced the frontplate or that you have plugged a
"dongle" type microfilter in ?

Or do you have the latest type of Openreach socket which has
a separate phone and data socket ?.

Any recent thunderstorms or lightening in the area ?.