Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Telephone problem

On 10/05/2018 11:59, Adrian wrote:
BT line with phone and broadband.

Broadband is working OK and that has its own socket on the master socket.

I can only get the phone working if I plug directly into the socket
behind the face plate on the master socket.Â* If I plug into the socket
on the faceplate, I don't get anything at all.Â*Â* BT have suggested that
the micro filter on the faceplate has failed, but I've replaced that
with a new one, and that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions on where to start looking next ?

Can you confirm there are no external wires into the faceplate?

I might be tempted to get a new faceplate and try it myself, saving the
hassle and risk of an engineer attending.

It's possible a pin has been damaged/bent/out of place.