Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dansabrservices@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

On Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 5:55:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, September 13, 2010 at 12:32:15 AM UTC-5, David Nebenzahl wrote:
I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

Remove 6 screws from front, 1 screw and 1 nut for speaker jack on back. Get a couple of thin flat blade screwdriver to break the seal around the front metal cage to the plastic back cover. it should slide out easily.

You realize that the posting is over 5 years old right!!