Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] clifsmith33@gmail.com is offline

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

On Monday, September 13, 2010 at 12:32:15 AM UTC-5, David Nebenzahl wrote:
I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

Remove 6 screws from front, 1 screw and 1 nut for speaker jack on back. Get a couple of thin flat blade screwdriver to break the seal around the front metal cage to the plastic back cover. it should slide out easily.