Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick the antique guy Rick the antique guy is offline

Default A few updates

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 11:13:04 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
5 pics, scroll right.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Progress on the cypress chairs: Shouldn't be too long before I'm ready to start gluing things together..... on 4 chairs only. I haven't been working on the 5th chair. I still need to make 2 sets of arms for the captain's chairs.

Knowing the weakness of cypress, i.e., generally not the best wood for chairs, I don't trust the seat stability (splitting down the middle), so I installed a 17"L X 3"W X 1/2"D dutchman on each bottom-side of the seats.

Picked up two 7" Wilton vises at a garage sale, $5 for the pair. A bit rusty, but functional. I had them sand blasted - $20. They'll go to a nephew (budding woodworker?).

Haven't been in the shop too much, lately. Been watching the Bruins, Celtics and Pelicans.

Sonny

Wow Sonny These Chairs are very robust & rugged in design Nice work
rick B.