Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap halogen lamps

Dave Plowman wrote:

Bought fittings with lamps from B%Q. Fittings are nice enough, but
all the original bulbs failed within weeks. Replaced with ones from
TLC which are still fine many years later.

I bought one of those IKEA ceiling bars with multiple GU10s that can be
angled where required, it came with Osram lamps and I never had to
replace a single lamp in more than a decade. Maybe significant that it
was fitted upstairs, as I gather foot traffic from the floor above
causes significant "wobble" of warm filaments?

They have now all been replaced by LED GU10s anyway.