Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wire wheel arbor stand

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 9:26:16 AM UTC-4, Bill Leonhardt wrote:
On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 11:45:49 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 7:10:01 PM UTC-4, Bill Leonhardt wrote:
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 11:35:45 AM UTC-4, Bill Leonhardt wrote:
One of the most valuable tools in my shop, is an arbor with a wire wheel on one side and a coarse grind stone on the other. (sorry, but I am trying to explain this without pictures).

Currently, the arbor is mounted at the end of an old workbench and is driven by an even older refrigerator motor. Extremely handy for cleaning off rust, screw threads, etc.

To save room, I need to get rid of this old workbench and remount the arbor/motor on a "stand alone" stand, as small as reasonable. This seems straight forward, but, I suspect there are many clever approaches to doing this.

I am asking the group if they could please point me to pictures/images of motor/arbor setups like this that I can use for inspiration.

Thanks, Bill

PS, I actually have two arbors and would consider a set up where each could run with their own motor or share a single motor.

DerbyDad03,

Sorry for my confusing response. I'm never sure whether to top post or bottom post. I know it was important to some in this group, but whenever I think I have it straight, I go through several senior moments and forget.