Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Morris battery. Again.

On 08/05/18 16:07, Graeme wrote:
In message , Bob Minchin
writes
Nowhere in the question does the op say
"If he has disconnected te battery entirely and put a meter in the
circuit and no current is flowing, then no current is flowing and the
battery cannot be discharging *via any external means*. "

Just to be clear, if I park the car for a couple of days, with the
battery connected, the battery goes almost flat, but left 4 1/2 days
with the battery disconnected (earth lead removed from battery
terminal), the battery remains fully charged.

No. You parked the car for a couole ofd days with te battery connected
and it did go flat and you parked it with it disconnected and it didnt.

Coincidence is not causation

This morning, battery fully charged, I put an ammeter between the
battery terminal and earth lead.Â* No movement.Â* Repeating, with a door
open and courtesy light therefore in circuit, then I can see the ammeter
needle move.Â* Not much, but enough to know it is working.Â* Ammeter is a
standard car 2 inch circular 30-0-30.

You are looking for milliamps not amps

Repeated but with a small 12v MES bulb between the battery terminal and
earth lead.Â* No light until door opened.

To flatten in 48 hours needs about an amp. Your meter says you are not
drawing an amp.

Ergo its not being flattened by the car.

--
€œBut what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!€

Mary Wollstonecraft