Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default terminal blocks

On Monday, 7 May 2018 07:54:43 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Monday, 7 May 2018 07:49:49 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
You say the cost is minimal but its another piece you need when you make
them. I've never quite understood the basis of just a screw myself as all
too often it just separates stranded wire and the bloomin thing falls to
bits. its The same story as terminals, which do not have any kind of washer
to stop wires coming out the sides.
Brian

That's why you twist the strands up before you insert the cable.
The terminal should be as full as possible (with conductor).

Problem comes when you have to insert two wires into the same hole that's when it becomes a real pain. Such as when I needed to get the two earths into this.
Why have only 5 connections when you should really have 6.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-24-ho...220-240v/3212r

Think I'll give it a low review later.