Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default For those that want to build arduino projects without programmingtry XOD.io

On 08/05/2018 09:27, Brian Gaff wrote:
I've not heard of any of this. When you can build really useful stuff when
you cannot see that interfaces via one of the voice assistants, then we have
really arrived.
Wind direction? No grey scale is really too analogue. I'd have thought some
kind of digital direction indicator already existed. Don't they have them in
phones to tell which way around it is?
Brian

You can get magnetometers and build a magnetic compass with one.
The problem being that the sensor and electronics would be on the moving
bit and so would the battery which starts to increase the inertia and
hence its ability to track the wind direction.
Not putting the battery in the moving bit would require slip rings or
similar to get the power over and they wear and create friction.