Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Hidden hinge problem

I'll check out the concealed gun storage idea. That sounds promising.

In that case, do a Google search on RFID cabinet locks. There are a ton
of them out there and available for less than $25. Totally hidden would
be ideal for your purposes with the swing out mirror. They provide a
bit of spring tension when locked to prevent any vibration of the door.
Pass the little fob (a little smaller than the typical advertising key
ring with the tab that says "Eat at Joe's") over the lock area and it
pops the door open. Close it with a little push and it relocks.
I've got one on a base cabinet in a wall of bookshelves that contains a
safe and some miscellaneous handguns. Have a 4 year old grandson that
likes opening things. This has stopped him dead.

This one probably wouldn't work with his 2 inch deep mirror frame -
without some jury-rigging - but the idea of a secret latch is there.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...=3,41399,41403

John T.