wayne

Default Tile glued to hardwood.

sometime dry ice can get it brittle enough that a scraper will chip it off
pretty easy. you may also ant to try an iron on low heat to get the tiles
off and soften the adhesive!

Wayne'

"Jay Man" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I'm thinking about installing laminate floor and started investigating
our current flooring situation (moved in recently).

We have four rooms on the first floor:
(1) kitchen - hardwood, plywood, and two layers of stick on tile (2nd
being our current floor).
(2) foyer- hardwood, plywood, and two layers of stick on tile (2nd
being our current floor).
(3) living room - hardwood and the stick on tile (current floor).
(4) dining room - hardwood and the stick on tile (current floor).

The floor in the kitchen and foyer are about 1/4" higher than the
floor in the living room and kitchen. The folks that put the flooring
in cut around the baseboard triming, not really an option with
laminate. To even our the floor I have to take out the existing floor
(right?).

The floor in the kitchen and foyer i can easily remove using a prybar.

I have no clue how to approach The floor in the living and dining
rooms. While I can get the stick on tile off the sticky substance
remains on the floor. How do I go about getting this stuff off? I'm
guessing by sanding, but I'm not sure.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

(BTW, I'm really interested in seeing what the hardwood beneath all
this ugly stick on tile looks like. Maybe I can salvage it).

Thanks!!!!