Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Hidden hinge problem

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 8:37:56 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Ha! not guns but close.
Here in Australia we don't really have much in the way of guns.
I want to create an easily accessible storage spot to place a few bits
of keepsakes, jewellery and perhaps a tablet computer.
In my case slides wont work as Im working with an existing mirror+frame
assembly.
I'll check out the concealed gun storage idea. That sounds promising.

The other question is - do you wish to cut away the wall surface -
behind the mirror to reveal the studs ? Full access to a studded
wall cavity makes for more options. ie european style hinge
John T.

That reminds me...

When I redid my bathroom, I removed the old metal medicine cabinet and
finished off the opening to create a nook. I mounted a mirror on the "back
wall" of the nook and put a thin shelf with a slight overhang on the bottom.
SWMBO uses the shelf for some small items, her rings, etc. Nothing that
blocks the mirror. It looks pretty cool.

We mounted an un-mirrored wooden medicine cabinet on a side wall.