Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Voltage optimisers

On Saturday, 5 May 2018 11:37:10 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 05/05/18 09:38, ARW wrote:
On 05/05/2018 09:28, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
ARW has brought this to us :
Lowering the incoming voltage will not increase the current on
resistive loads.

True, but it will for all of the none resistive loads.

I would say that the resistive loads are the ones that use the most
power. So hair driers, cookers, kettles, immersion heaters etc.

No, that is wrong.

A kettle will use MORE eletricity due to MORE losses due to the longer
time it takes to boil. Ditto immersion heaters. Cookers that have
thermostats to reach a particular tempeartuire will use no less
electricity. Hiar driers that fail to fry will use moire as it will take
longer..

Meaning women will take even longer to get ready.

I only fitted the thing because the customer wanted it. I am happy with
my 253V supply:-)

Run away now.

With all our heaters now off, I'm getting 222V in the lab 214V in my office.

With saving like this we can employ more administrators :-/