Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wood expansion

On 07/05/18 20:56, wrote:
On Monday, 7 May 2018 20:31:22 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:

I have just installed a 1.4m X 150mm X 50mm spruce beam between the garage and house. At present it is a good interference fit but I am a little worried when it gets saturated it might expand and put pressure on the brickwork. Is there any place I might find the information?

what information? It expands sideways but not lengthways.

NT

Wrong, as usual.

"Saki"