patrick mitchel

Default Who sells a plain old ladder?

Rick Brandt wrote in message
"Arthur Harris" wrote in message
.net...
"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote:

Art Harris wrote:
Where can I buy a simple 10-12 foot ladder?

If you'll NEVER use it for anything taller, look up "Ladders and
scaffolding" in your local yellow pages.

If you think you might occasionally need to go higher, buy an
extension ladder and use only the bottom section

As I said in my original post, I already have a good Type II 28-foot
extension ladder.

But I'm looking for a lightweight 10-12 footer for various quick chores

that
don't require much height. A ladder like that would be a real

convienience,
and shouldn't cost too much -- if only I could find one.

Perhaps you can find another person who wants the same thing. Then you

could go
together on a 24 foot extension ladder and each take home a section. :-)

Pg 1631 of the mcmaster-carr industrial catalog (cat #104) shows "straight"
ladders in glass, aluminum,wood. The alu 12' ladder goes for 112.98 and is
25 1/2" width - part #8007t23 . They also show a flared base one for 3 times
the price of the straight. You might also try msc direct or graingers (or
other industrial supply houses). Pat