Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Extending an alarm wire

On 07/05/2018 11:29, Rod Speed wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
On 06/05/2018 20:37, Rod Speed wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
On 06/05/2018 14:08, dennis@home wrote:
On 06/05/2018 13:44, ARW wrote:
On 05/05/2018 23:05, dennis@home wrote:
On 05/05/2018 17:54, ARW wrote:

They can use EOL if they want. The first thing to disable is the
bell box. Five minutes job done and the ladders are back on the
van.

Taking the cover off mine will sound the alarm in both bell boxes.
They probably think one is a dummy so will not be prepared.

They probably won't cut the phone either.

Most bell boxes sound if you remove the cover, hence you use other
methods to disable them than do not involve removing the cover.

foam is a bit hit and miss especially with double skinned bell boxes.
Most people probably wont know if its double skinned or not.

there are other methods but they are all a bit hit and miss.

When I was working for Chubb I used to run a thin wire around the
inside of the box and connect it to the tamper circuit. Not
standard but it was easy to do. Then there was a good chance that
they would set the alarm off if they drilled it.

These days you can just put a vibration sensor inside as they are
cheap and fairly reliable.

Of course no alarm will put junkies off.

I know of one burglary where two yobs kicked a gate in, went in the
back garden and picked up a bench which they threw though the patio
doors and went in and took the TV. All while the dogs were barking,
the alarm going off and the owners in bed upstairs.

You are talking ********.

Which particular bit is absolute ******** ?

It must be possible to ensure that no one can
get into the box without setting the alarm off.

It is possible, but no one does it.

Why not ?Â* It cant be that expensive to do.

Penny pinching *******s.

--
Adam