Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default terminal blocks

You say the cost is minimal but its another piece you need when you make
them. I've never quite understood the basis of just a screw myself as all
too often it just separates stranded wire and the bloomin thing falls to
bits. its The same story as terminals, which do not have any kind of washer
to stop wires coming out the sides.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
I'm talking about the bog standard things, sometimes called 'choc blocks'
or terminal strips. I much prefer the ones with wire protectors, but they
seem to be rare. I've found them on the Rapid website and the CPC website
I've and bought some. But since they're so much better why don't all
terminal blocks have wire protectors? The cost difference is minimal and
they remove the danger of the screw cutting the wire.

Bill