3GCPO

Default Electrical Subpanel

"Ray" wrote in message
I intend to run an underground feeder wire (approximately 150') from my

home
service panel to a subpanel for a shop that I'm building in my back yard.

The question is...do I have to get a special service panel to allow for

the
connection of the new wire for the shop or can I just piggy back (attach

the same terminals) the new wires to the existing service coming in ?

Thanks,
Ray

run a 2" underground pipe for the electrical wires
and a 1 1/2" underground pipe for the telephone and cable.
NEVER run electrical wires and cable tele. wires in the same pipe.

install a 100A sub panel in the "new garage"
install a 100A breaker in service entrance Main panel.

also you should run 2 exterior grounding rods (for the Main panel).
1 near the meter socket and the other aprox. 6' from the 1st. one.
and also ground the main panel to the cold water main pipe.
(be sure to clamp the grounding wire on BOTH sides of the water meter).