Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending an alarm wire

On 2018-05-06, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 06 May 2018 12:29:50 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

We were burgled on a Friday. I reported it on the Friday, and
emailed details of how much on Friday evening. The money was in my
account by close of business on Monday.

Hiscox?

M & S

Interesting, because M&S Bank are HSBC, who outsource their insurance
products to Aviva.

They only moved their insurance operation to Aviva recently - after my
burglary, I believe.

Define "they". HSBC have been reselling Aviva products for some years,
although there was a big hoo-ha about it when they formally signed a big
deal in Aug 2017. I should know, I did the IT Security due diligence ...

The provider for M & S Insurance changed (not sure when, but it changed
for me on my renewal date, 28 April this year). Before that date, it was
AXA Insurance for me; now it's Aviva. Presumably they are bringing it in-
house.

(that's from a letter I received from M & S)