Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default I didn't want to be a plumber..

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
In message , Jim K
writes
Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Well I blame the phase of the moon, it affects the tides so why not over
time pulling and pushing on the different densities of your pipe and nail?

We will never know. Spotted because she was engaged in some stretching
Pilates exercise on the floor. Perhaps we need to explore the trigger
for that activity?
All fixed apart from the decoration and a concern about the floating
debris I saw disappearing into the boiler circuit from the expansion
tank refill.

For completeness, how did you fix the hole?

After the drain down and strategically placed buckets.

The initial assumption was corrosion so I removed a short length of the
offending pipe. Partly because it was tightly fitted against a floor
joist and I could only get in with a Junior hacksaw. Once the pipe was
free to move I got the usual shower of black water. (all this with
mother hen flapping about with sponges trying to protect her recently
decorated wall).
I have plenty of 15mm pipe and Yorkshire fittings from the cottage job
so wire wool, flux and propane burner.

Batten along the floor joist, plywood lap over the ceiling plasterboard
and the cut out section re-fitted with *short* screws!

Sounds good :-D thanks for sharing.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----