Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Maplins remaining 'bargains'

On Sun, 6 May 2018 08:14:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 13:59:43 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 6 May 2018 11:58:51 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

Good Riddance!!

The one & only occasion we bought something from them it was daylight robbery.

I had no trouble with returns or advice in our one, I think you must have
had a bad one.

However who on the high street now can you buy a nice short wave receiver
from? My guess is nobody,

because they're obsolete

Only because of the heat wave, come the cold weather, waves will be
much shorter ;-)

Incidentally Lidl had a short wave radio recently for about £8-00, I
was tempted but it didn't have a BFO, Magda at the checkout wasnt sure
about the IF selectivity either, so I gave it a miss.

shifter. Now the problem is the Internet, and unfortunately all these brave
towns like ours here in Kingstons plans to make a new retail offering in the
next few yeas do seem doomed to failure unless they can find a way to cut
the costs of running high street stores.
Brian

that's easy - cut the rates. The whole town centre loss of business problem is largely down to rates.

This will be remedied :-(

How would councils exist on less income?

They wont, they will up the income.

Stop wasting so much of it would be a good start.

They cannot stop wasting money, it's inherent in the system. Making
individuals accountable for their incompetence would go a long way
toward cutting waste, but it wont happen.

AB