Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Maplins remaining 'bargains'

On Sun, 6 May 2018 11:58:51 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

'Bargain' lucky dips - choose ten bagged items for
only' £8, about what they are worth normally.

A mate showed me a DMM he just picked up from them that was £17.99,
supposedly down from 70 quid or summat?

I asked him if it was something special (thinking that was probably
the right (bricks n mortar / retail price for such things) and I think
he mentioned it could also measure temperature [1]-(

Cheers, T i m

[1] Many of my DMMs came with a temperature probe (thermocouple?) but
in most cases I've long since misplaced it / the box when I actually
find a use for it. Similar with the serial / USB interfaces that use a
'special' connector at the DMM end. ;-(