Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Extending an alarm wire

On 06/05/2018 09:24, Huge wrote:
On 2018-05-05, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 05/05/2018 11:53, Huge wrote:
On 2018-05-05, ARW wrote:

[27 lines snipped]

I suppose it it worth mentioning again that 9 out of 10 of the alarms
that I fit (other than new builds) are fitted about a week after the
house has been burgled.

I know this isn't why they're fitted, but it's quite "normal" for the
burglars to come back in a few weeks to steal all the new shiny things
the insurance payout has bought.

Quite often exactly a week later.

I doubt it. Which insurance company will pay out in a week? I've just
made a travel insurance claim, where we had a 100% squeaky clean
justification and full documentation and it still took them about
six weeks. Insurance companies are only quick and efficient at collecting
premiums.

Direct Line were pretty fast when one of their drivers ran into the back
of my van at slow speed. I got a phone call the next day offering a hire
van and a full repair to my van.

I actually had sustained no damage and my tow bar had wrecked her air
con radiator and bumper etc. I spent ages arguing on the phone that I
did not need a repair and in the end they posted me a disclaimer for me
to sign.

--
Adam