Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending an alarm wire

On 2018-05-05, ARW wrote:

[27 lines snipped]

I suppose it it worth mentioning again that 9 out of 10 of the alarms
that I fit (other than new builds) are fitted about a week after the
house has been burgled.

I know this isn't why they're fitted, but it's quite "normal" for the
burglars to come back in a few weeks to steal all the new shiny things
the insurance payout has bought.

Quite often exactly a week later.

I doubt it. Which insurance company will pay out in a week? I've just
made a travel insurance claim, where we had a 100% squeaky clean
justification and full documentation and it still took them about six
weeks. Insurance companies are only quick and efficient at collecting
premiums.

Not true with our burglary. One working day.