Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moving alarm keypad live?

wrote:

To be honest, I am not sure which way around they are wired together.

That was why I mentioned taking a photo beforehand!

Without tracing the wire runs is there a way to tell?

Look inside the panel at which of white/green is connected to the A/B
terminals, and use the same way round on the keypads.

Find a spare couple of feet of 4 core cable and just wire one keypad
direct to the panel, with a terminating resistor between A/B, if that
doesn't work, you've killed something, if it works put one keypad back
to original location, if that works put second one back, if something
doesn't work, trace the fault by swapping keypads, trying with trailing
wires, making sure you have the resistors in the right place (would help
if you answered the Q about layout of panel vs keypads)