Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to slacken single spout mixer tap

ss wrote on 06/05/2018 :
It is normal taps hot & cold (kitchen) with a central spout. The spout has
become stiff to swivel so was planning to take off and clean to see if this
eases it.
It has a grub screw at the rear which I have taken out but still I cannot
release the spout, I presume it is just a tight fit.

It should have two different diameters/pipes inside the spout to keep
hot away from cold until it exits the spout, so two O rings providing
the sealing. Once the grub screw is out, the spout should just pull up
and out, but lime-scale may be holding it.