Doordoc

Default napolean/ lynx model 455 GARAGE DOOR OPENER

"Terry" wrote in message news:Ul4Fb.769548$9l5.408656@pd7tw2no...
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the lynxx model 455 garage door
opener? If I can identify the switch, I will search for a replacement.

I was advised that the time delay light switch is broken. The problem is
that the light stays on permanently.

I tried contacting my local Overhead Door-it seems that they don't want to
sell me the switch without a service call.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Terry in Alberta

I am not familiar w/ the lynxx but the light is either controlled by a
relay on the logic board (there would be three relays, one for open,
one for close, & the third one is the light) or if it is a older model
the light would be controllled by a heat element (two metal prongs w/
contact points & one of the prong would be wrapped w/ wire).
Regardless of what you have most likely the points have fused together
and may only need to be separated & cleaned.

Usually when they go bad to where they need to be replaced the light
won't open at all.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com