Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Extending an alarm wire

On 05/05/2018 11:53, Huge wrote:
On 2018-05-05, ARW wrote:

[27 lines snipped]

I suppose it it worth mentioning again that 9 out of 10 of the alarms
that I fit (other than new builds) are fitted about a week after the
house has been burgled.

I know this isn't why they're fitted, but it's quite "normal" for the
burglars to come back in a few weeks to steal all the new shiny things
the insurance payout has bought.

Quite often exactly a week later. The insurance money has been spent on
replacing whatever was stolen and the burglars know from their previous
visit that the householder is most probably out.

Add in that any windows or doors that were forced will probably not have
been fixed to be completely secu it's much faster to replace a laptop
than it is to replace a back door and frame.