Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default The 14,500 people over 100 don't have asthma

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 4 May 2018 16:57:12 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 04/05/2018 13:19, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 4 May 2018 12:24:03 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:

It is not very relevant if you are talking about the situation in the
1940s or 1950s.

So there's no point in comparing results then.

Minor variations across London today are trivial compared to the
differences between London today and the London of my childhood. Hence I
don't think it is unreasonable to consider London as a single entity.

I do and if yuo are in london there are places much more polutted than
others.
When I'm out with a friend of mine he ends up coughing and spluttering if
we are walking down a main road, so he takes the back streets.
I can all but taste the polution when walking near a busy main road.

I'm also betting more people died from whichcraft in the 1600s than
have today in London.

Not according to the Bills of Mortality, which do not record any that I
can see, although 'teeth and worms' was a perennial.

Why would I believe Bills of Mortality ?

From that, London figures for SPM in micrograms per cubic metre a

2016 - 16
1980 - 82
1970 - 124
1960 - 167
1950 - 209
1940 - 368
1900 - 571

but not very informative are they and they don't show how they connect
with life expectancy.

For that, you would have to do your own research. It is getting too far
away from my original point, which was that I don't recall anybody I
knew as a child having asthma,

That doesn't mean that no one did.
I don't rememebr any kid gettign cancer, I only knew of one girl that
might have got pregnant while at school too.
I didnlt know of anyone that got sexualy abused at school either.
DJs were trusted , so were polititains and you were meant to gpot up to
the police as they were trustworthy, every single one of them was like
Dixon of dock green weren't they.
Hardly anyone was gay, if fact no one was gay when I was at school
although we had a few suspicaions of some teachers.
Oh and don't forget God.

I doubt there were any black holes when you were at school.
Had man landed on the moon or were we still watching chariot racing. ;-)

The earlist records of Asthma was over 4000 years
ago, sure I don't expect you to remmeber those people
as they were in china. Asthma is caused by organic material

In which case you would expect that there should have
been lots of asthma when there was so much horse
**** in the streets, but there wasnt for some reason.

And it isnt possible that there is a lot more pollen etc
now than there was when the boomers were kids either.

not coal dust or anything you might think will be seen as Asthma.

despite much higher levels of pollution.

pollution doesn't cause Asthma it just makes it worse

Easy to claim.

becuase if you have polluted lungs of lead, astestos or
anyhting else there more chance yuo'll get Asthma and
it'll lucky efect yuo more due to reduced lung capacity due
to pollution or just having one lung like a girl I knew once.