Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Don't scrap that diesel car just yet!!

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
No. But sliders aren't ideal either. Discrete buttons are better.

Hmm, sliders are pretty intuitive though and don‘t need concentration to
move in the way that hitting a small button does.

My old Rover has slide controls. One for temperature, one for distribution
and a knob you turn for fan speed. State of the art in its day, likely.

But all my more recent cars have had climate control. An on/off button
each for direction. Two or a toggle for temperature and fan speed - if you
wish to override the auto settings.

Now I‘ll not deny full climate control is a wonderful thing but some
manufacturers seem to have let school leavers with a love of
”gee-whizzery• design their controls to the detriment of driving safety.

A touch screen would likely come in to that since there is no button to
feel, so you have to look. Not much of a fan of those.

--
*I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.