Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Moving alarm keypad live?

In article ,
wrote:
Hi All

I am about to move the keypad for my alarm to a new location. I have
taken the front of and there are 4 wires connected red, black (assume
these are power) green and white. With a resistor across green and
white.

Am I safe enough to cut the wires one by one (assume 12v will be ok) ?
This would be ideal as it will make it easier to pull the wires through
. If not, what is the best way to do it? Unscrew each wire and tape it?

Power down the alarm and disconnect the internal battery. No need to worry
then.

With my Texecom alarm step one would be to use the engineering utils to
switch off the sounder. You then have a couple of minutes to power off
the alarm and disconnect the battery.

--
Michael Chare