Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Moving alarm keypad live?

On 05/05/2018 16:48, Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Hi All

I am about to move the keypad for my alarm to a new location. I have
taken the front of and there are 4 wires connected red, black (assume
these are power) green and white. With a resistor across green and
white.

Am I safe enough to cut the wires one by one (assume 12v will be ok) ?
This would be ideal as it will make it easier to pull the wires through
. If not, what is the best way to do it? Unscrew each wire and tape it?

Power down the alarm and disconnect the internal battery. No need to worry
then.

Um, only if you have the engineer code. If not, the external sounder will
still go off as it has its own internal battery.

Tim

Mine will go off even if you have the code.
The only way to stop it without power is to put some ear defenders on
and take the cover off and disconnect the sounder.