Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Voltage optimisers

On 05/05/2018 03:26, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2018 22:45:01 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 04/05/2018 15:59, GB wrote:
On 04/05/2018 15:46, ARW wrote:
Just fitted my first ever voltage optimiser.

Not much to it but I am puzzled.

I tapped of the 10% drop terminals. The incoming supply to the
optimiser is 251V and the outgoing load is 236V.

So where does the 10% come into this?

Which make and model?

http://gwenergy.co.uk/products/eco-max-home/

the EMH100.

Wow! These scam merchants put Russ Andrews to shame!

http://gwenergy.co.uk/what-we-do/energy-saving-in-the-home/

Twin 6ft T8, is that not supposed to be 140W?
Hairdrier, takes longer to dry your hair?
Vacuum cleaner, more runs to get the cat hairs up:-)
Microwave? Well that like a quicky in the pub toilets, all done in 3
minutes and everything is hot and steamy.
Infra red patio heater, put a jumper on
Fridge, no one is sure about that but mine works OK on 253V
Dishwasher, surely most of the energy is in heating the water so FA saving

--
Adam