Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Voltage optimisers

On Fri, 04 May 2018 22:45:01 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 04/05/2018 15:59, GB wrote:
On 04/05/2018 15:46, ARW wrote:
Just fitted my first ever voltage optimiser.

Not much to it but I am puzzled.

I tapped of the 10% drop terminals. The incoming supply to the
optimiser is 251V and the outgoing load is 236V.

So where does the 10% come into this?

Which make and model?

http://gwenergy.co.uk/products/eco-max-home/

the EMH100.

Wow! These scam merchants put Russ Andrews to shame!

http://gwenergy.co.uk/what-we-do/energy-saving-in-the-home/

Interestingly, they're using the upper 'harmonised' tolerance limit of
the UK 240v supply specification to scare their marks into buying this
'Snake Oil Solution'.

As per any advertising 'blurb' they're careful not to make any definite
savings claims, using weasel words like "could" in place of "will". Also,
they've been careful with their choice of appliances to avoid anything
that automatically draws the same power regardless of mains voltage over
voltage ranges well in excess of the widest of mains supply tolerances
(no desktop PCs or laptops running off their charging brick) as well as
anything with a thermostat (other than for the dishwasher (full cycle)
where it's quite telling that this demonstrates the least savings).

It's been said that "Advertising" is the art of lying by omission. Boy,
do these *******s advertise through their teeth!

--
Johnny B Good