Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hearing Aids

On Fri, 04 May 2018 16:00:19 +0100, Sam Clark wrote:

On 04/05/2018 14:28, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 04 May 2018 05:04:36 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

They don't give you the prescription, maybe you have to insist or ask
for it but most don't hand you a prescription that goes to the
assistant in order to make your specs.

They are obliged to give you the prescription if requested. However, I
believe that doesn't include the papillary distance (PD). Doesn't
bother me so much as I only have one!

Presuming you are talking eyes and not monorchism, or the distance
between your nipples.

Oops!

Isn't pupillary distance the distance from the nose midpoint to pupil.
If your nose is off centre, pupillary distance is a pair of numbers.

So even if you only have one pupil you still need to know this distance
if you wear glasses that sit on your nose.

They generally only quote it as a single number, and it's pupil to pupil
- certainly on all the eye tests I've had.