AJScott

Default wasps

It would be simple for most people, too, but yellowjackets don't build
exposed nests like a lot of their wasp bretheren, like paper wasps or
mud daubers. They build their nests in hidden, well-recessed spaced
places that can be hard to get to, like between brick walls, in old mole
tunnels, inside rotted landscaping timbers/railroad ties, etc. A nest
inside the chimney itself would in my book most definitely call for a
professional.

Of course they only come down when the fire warms them. You're waking
them up and making them active. Dumb things think it's summer.

AJS

In article , "FK"
wrote:

Again thanks, It all would be simple if I could see a nest in my chimney The
little guys only come down when the fire warms them.
Frank