Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Wire wheel arbor stand

On Thu, 03 May 2018 17:50:42 +0000, Spalted Walt
wrote:

Bill Leonhardt wrote:

One of the most valuable tools in my shop, is an arbor with a wire wheel
on one side and a coarse grind stone on the other.
Currently, the arbor is mounted at the end of an old workbench
and is driven by an even older refrigerator motor.
Extremely handy for cleaning off rust, screw threads, etc.
To save room, I need to get rid of this old workbench and remount
the arbor/motor on a "stand alone" stand, as small as reasonable.
I am asking the group if they could please point me to pictures/images
of motor/arbor setups like this that I can use for inspiration.
Thanks, Bill
PS, I actually have two arbors and would consider a set up where
each could run with their own motor or share a single motor.

https://www.harborfreight.com/univer...tand-3184.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-...tal-68321.html

Yep - jury-rig one of these stands to suit your needs -
- reinforce as necessary.
The home-made grinder stands that I've seen at farm auctions
tend to be very heavy-built - not sure why ?
.... except that's what farmers do .. :-)
I don't like the idea of a wall-mount set-up .. as someone
suggested - not sure why - just seems wrong.
I would think that moving it outside for certain jobs
would be a good idea ..
John T.