Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Hearing Aids

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 21:39:31 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 2 May 2018 15:05:12 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
The NHS ones are pretty basic and you need to change the batteries
very
often according to friends of mine. If you want proper digitally
tailored
ones than the price is almost anything you can think of. Like you i
don't
know why, as the tech is not new.

It doesn't have to be new just refined and perfected this takes time.

and in my view its another thing like
glasses frames disability aids etc,

or phones or laptops they all pretty much do the
same thing.regarding battery usage and quality.

Thats bull**** with time between charging and protection
against malicious apps snooping on your data. And you can't
even have your iphone record all phone calls automatically so
you can check what was said if you need to. Or answer incoming
calls automatically either which is handy when driving.

what's that got to do with hearing aids ?

I commented on your claim about phones and laptops.

that cost twice as much plus what you can get away
with, using the small market excuse for the profit made.

I wonder how they can get away with it then,

Plenty dont realise that they can get glasses MUCH
cheaper from china than from the local optician.

and most of those will damage your eyes

Even sillier than you usually manage
when you use the eye test prescription.

perhaps like some products the expensive ones are
actually better it;s just not everyone appriaciates it ,

Not true with glasses.

So how come the standard reading glasses
you can buy in chain stores aren't used more ?

Because they dont do the job as well as glasses which
are made to the prescription produced in the eye test.

I think yuo;'re gettign confused with glasses and frame here.

Nope.

I'd never spend £50 on a bottle of wine but I know those that
would and have, me £5.99 at most, for me wine is NOT worth more.

I feel the same way about wine, but not about scotch. The
best single malt scotch leaves the cheapest crap for dead.

I know and I've never tried scotch that
is more than £35 a bottle in case I like it,

Yeah, can be a problem. Mate of mine found a locally produced
botrytis dessert wine. Fantastic to drink but stupid price.
http://store.lillypillywines.com.au/2012-noble-harvest/

Dont buy it anymore.

same goes with food

Dont do that myself, particularly with steak but
I dont by the stupidly priced stuff, essentially
because I can't taste the difference.

I can with the best single malt scotch.

and even herion when I had the chance the thought
of liking it scared me so I though best not to try it.

I noticed that hardly anyone can treat it like I do the
best single malt scotch and there is always one hell
of a risk of what its cut with with heroin so didnt
ever try it for that reason alone. I'm fortunate
that my drug of choice is legal, but expensive.

Mate of mine who doesnt drink much has just gone
back to china for a month and will be getting me
some decent single malt scotch duty free on the way
back. Might not work too well in the future tho coz he
plans to get one for himself and might get the habit.