Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default The 14,500 people over 100 don't have asthma

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
Many other health issues, but like you I don't recall anyone who
suffered with it. There were not anything like the numbers of motor
vehicles on the road,

They did, however, have many times the exhaust emissions levels and the
petrol contained lead.

Not sure what particular type of pollution is likely to bring on or make
asthma worse?

but plenty of smoke from factory and coal fires.

I remember this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...on-in-pictures

That was real air pollution. The air was even yellow indoors.

I arrived in London to work just in time for that last real smog. Scary

we had to spend the night at TV Centre - the taxis wouldn't come out to
take us home ;-(

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England